NOW AVAILABLE!: FVGS Genealogy Research Help at the Oswego Public Library
Fox Valley Genealogical Society experienced volunteers will be available to help visitors advance their research during one-on-one help sessions at the Oswego Public Library (32 Jefferson St, Oswego, IL 60543).
Monthly Schedule: 2nd Wednesday from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Volunteers will help visitors:
- Learn about the library’s genealogical collection.
- Get started researching their family history.
- Locate information about an ancestor to further their research.
- Use Ancestry.com and other genealogical sites for clues.
We are looking for FVGS volunteers to support these help sessions. You must be an FVGS member to serve as a volunteer. Email the society at [email protected] if you have questions or want to volunteer.
To ensure you come prepared to discuss your family history project or research questions, we suggest you bring the following items (as appropriate):
- Copies of documents (not originals).
- Family group sheets and Pedigree charts.
- Names, dates, and location information for the people or event you are researching.
- Usernames and passwords for genealogy programs or databases you may need to access during the session.
No project is too big or too small for our team of drop-in help volunteers!
Get directions to the Oswego Library at 32 W. Jefferson St, Oswego, IL.